‘Damn..it’s 7:30 ‘ saying that Dany woke up from bed and yawned as if he didn’t sleep for a week…
and said ‘who the hell invented this concept of job ?..uh.. Monotonous ’
As he got ready for work, he glared at Jobby (meow) in the hazy morning and said ‘God, I wish I had your life’
He took his cycle apathetically and headed towards Metro.
Unexpectedly, the train was delayed due to heavy fog. While he was waiting on the platform, suddenly he raised his eyebrow on seeing an intriguing slogan on the wall hanging.
|“Pardon me. Just having a Quarter Life Crisis”
– contact @ 9xx23xx3xxx0”
He wondered and googled ‘Quarter Life Crisis’.
In the Meantime, a machine voiced, ‘The train is arriving on the platform 2 ‘
He entered the train and continued his googling.
What is meant by quarter-life crisis?
The years between 20 and 30 when you feel that a quarter of your life is over and you’ve done nothing constructive with it.
His mind voice “Ooh…Dany!! You are 26 now!!
It seems that googled term may say about your contemporary
Situation..Mmm…that’s quite interesting. Let’s see the phases of the quarter-life crisis”.
The phases of the quarter-life crisis:
If you’re somewhere between your mid-twenties and thirties, you might have fought with many headed monster like decisions about present careers, past-relationship, fear about future.
- You suddenly feel like your job is a prison cell and you need to escape (Lack of job satisfaction)
- You daydream about your life when waiting in line for coffee
- You get anxious scrolling through Facebook posts about weddings and relationships.
- You do something you’ve always wanted to try, but never had the guts to go through with (like join a dance or yoga class)
- You stay in on a Saturday night and don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything
- You can’t understand why you’re still not happy, despite all of your achievements
- You start noticing everyday things that you’ve never noticed before
- Mostly, you look at your pet and say, “I wish I had pet’s life.”
He mumbled “Oh my god!!! Am I in quarter-life crisis?”
His pale face became pinkish and he eager to know “how to overcome this crisis” and continued reading the blog.
To overcome the quarter-life crisis:
Being 20-something can feel like “A pug trying to climb a mountain”. It’s slow, noisy, and un-pretty, but one tiny step after another and you somehow make it to the top.
Experiencing crisis in your twenties is like having gas after a steak and cheese burrito. Just because we don’t want to admit it, doesn’t mean we don’t all go through some bad spells.
Yes, open up the windows. Let in some fresh air. Go for a run. Heck, maybe sign up for a marathon. Start yoga. Read some books. Forgive yourself .Volunteer at a retirement home. If you have no idea what you’re doing in your life, just pick something that you know can’t be bad and just run with it.
Sometimes the best answers come when we stop sitting around obsessing over finding them.
Below items may help you to overcome the crisis:
- Be patient with yourself.
- Be persistent with joyful actions
- Be non-judgmental with challenges
- Be consistent in trying
- Walk away from anyone trying to undercut you
- Walk away from anyone trying to force you
- Laugh at the lies
- Laugh with anyone who makes you sad
- Laugh at the Quarter Life Crisis Signs you are experiencing. Don’t let the hard feelings drag you under deeper into non-action and depression.
- Be aware of your truth
- Start adapting any one good habit at a time.
- Need not to be perfect (remember the quote “Being imperfect is a perfect” )
He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for some time. He felt relaxed and burden less. At last, he learnt “Need to wait to cross the road (means crisis)”
An automatic machine voice sounded “Next station ‘Shenoy lane’. Doors will open on the left. Please mind the gap”
He got down from the train and wanted to start the chores with the happy mind.
***** This journey is the watershed in Dany’s life *****