Did you know that the Traditional Deck of the Playing Cards is a veritable and most ingenious form of a Calendar?
- There are 52 weeks in the year and so are 52 Playing Cards in a Deck.
- There are 13 weeks in each Season and thus there are 13 cards in each suit.
- There are 4 Seasons in a Year and 4 Suits in the Deck.
- There are 12 Months in a Year so there are 12 Court Cards (Those with faces namely Jackdo Queens with The King in each suit)
- The Red Cards represent the Day, while the Black Cards represent the Night.
- If you letJacks = 11, Queens = 12, and the Kings = 13, then add up all the sums of 1 + 2 + 3 + …to 13 = 91. Multiply this by 4, for the 4 Suits, therefore 91 x 4 = 364, Add 1 that is the Joker and you will arrive at the number 365 being the Days in a Year?
- Is that a mere coincidence or a greater intelligence?Of interest is the sum of the letters in all the names of the cards; eg :
add up the letters in “one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, Jack, Queen, King” = 52 !
- The Spades indicate ploughing/ working.
- The Hearts indicates Love thy crops.
- The Clubs indicates flourishing and growth.
- The Diamonds indicate reaping the Wealth.
- Also, in some card games, 2 Jokers are used.Indicating the Leap year.
- There is a deeper Philosophy than just a merely a Game of Playing Cards.
The Mathematical perfection is mind blowing. Isn’t it…?